Frances Auchincloss Goldsmith
Frances Goldsmith started her career working in the firm of a former Criminal Investigative Judge in 2004 while completing her law degree at the University Paris Dauphine. She then trained at internationally renowned Anglo-Saxon law firms in their Merger and Acquisitions departments.
Her preference for technical cross-border legal issues led her to join the litigation team of UGGC Avocats where she regularly practiced large-scale cross-border litigations and developed an expertise in international family law.
She has also developed a niche practice of international estate planning and regularly advises clients on the implications of their moving to and from France, as well as how French forced heirship rights could affect their wills and trusts.
She has personally acted as an expert witness for litigations dealing with matrimonial property regimes and divorce in France, the dismembering of property under French law (usufruit), French joint property rules and French inheritance law.
In March 2015 she was awarded the "fifth IAML European Chapter Annual Award for Young Family Lawyers". The winning Essay is accessible on the page "Publications" of this website. Frances is currently Vice-Chair for the International Family Law section of the ABA.
- University Paris II - Panthéon Assass – Class given on French inheritance law administered to future public auctioneers
- Association des Juristes Franco-Britannique
- French American Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Vice Chair of the International Family Law section
- Association of American Residents Overseas
April 12th to 15th 2016 - ABA conference in New York: "When Kids are Held Hostage in Separation or Divorce: How to Implement the Hague Convention Worldwide"
November 26th to 27th 2015 - IAFL conference in Berlin : "Rome III: The Law Applicable to Divorce and to What Else?"
- Paris Bar – Admitted in 2010, oath taken in 2011
- University Paris IX – Paris Dauphine, Masters in Law in estate planning for family companies
- Washington & Lee University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Confirmation et précisions sur la distinction du titre et de la finance
- La possibilité d’une autorité de chose jugée dans l’ordre juridique international
- The French Blocking Statute - Avoiding a Judicial Crossfire
- Les conditions à la reconnaissance des "punitive damages" posées par la Cour de cassation
- Jurisdiction Considerations in French / US Divorce
- The prizewinning Essay for European Chapter Annual Award for Young Family Lawyers